Monday, June 29, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my corner of the universe. My name is Scott Spencer and I am a fly fisherman from Alabama. I began fly fishing as a teenager but for whatever reasons I got away from it. Boy how things have changed in the fly fishing world over the past 30 years!! I've recently gotten back into fly fishing with a vengeance with four trips in the last 6 weeks. I'll be posting some photos and thoughts on those trips over the next few days.

Whoever is reading this is probably thinking, "Fly fishing in Alabama!?!?!?" Well, we actually have a tailwater in the State of Alabama that can support trout. The Sipsey Fork of the Black Warrior River is our little world for trout fishing. The downside is that we only have rainbow trout and the State G&F doesn't have any plans to allow the stocking of any other trout (brown, cutthroat, or brook). For information on the trout of the Sipsey Fork, see this http://www.outdooralabama.com/Fishing/freshwater/where/rivers/smithtailwaters/

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment